SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ralphva

Care to help me find my dream house plan?

ralphva
15 years ago

I've looked at house plan sites and books until my eyes are crossed and haven't yet found a plan that fills most of my requirements. Maybe some of you can be of help with either links to specific floor plans or entire sites that has or might have what I'm looking for. I've mostly exhausted the sites Eplans and Coolplans. A few plans come close but in order to get what I want the total square feet in these plans is more than I can go. I've included a link to a plan that meets some but not all of my basic requirements. It's mighty close but still "not there" for me. Maybe looking at this plan will give you some idea what I like. Thanks in advance to any and all who respond.

Here are the features I most want:

* Farm house style plan preferred but house must have a porch that at least runs the entire front of the house. A porch that also runs at least some distance down both sides is OK.

* Open floor design between kitchen and family/living room.

* Fireplace OK but not absolutely necessary.

* First floor Master BR with a generous bath area.

* One additional BR on first floor.

* Study/office or a room that can be used as such on first floor.

* Larger than usual utility area.

* Second story with one BR/bath. Additional space (even if shown on plan as an additional BR) OK.

* No attached garage.

* Looking for a plan with about 2200 square feet give or take a couple hundred sq. ft.

Here is a link that might be useful: A plan that I like

Comments (6)