SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahtab93

Overseeding and Treating Poa Annua..help!

mahtab93
8 years ago

Hi,

I have a KBG and tall fescue mixed lawn in central NJ. My lawn does not have much shade and if nature isnt doing its part then I water once a week. I was planning on overseeding in the late summer/early fall to fill in the areas where my grass isnt as thick and some brown patches. But I also had a major problem with poa this year. I've been reading through this forum and it seems that I would have to apply pre-emergent in the fall or around the time when temperature starts to drop around 70 degrees to stop the germination of poa.

I'm assuming overseeding and treating poa wouldnt work out too well within short gaps in between. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? Or can I overseed in the late summer and then apply pre-emergent a few weeks after in the early fall?
Also, I am not sure what pre-emergent to use. I've been using Lesco Dimension in the spring to prevent crabgrass. Does Lesco have a pre-emergent that will tackle poa seeds or can I use the same Lesco Dimension pre-emergent for Poa as well?

Comments (22)