SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peeblest

overseeding tips

Telly Peebles
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I was wondering can some of you guys give me some great overseeding tips, example is it good to areate before you put seed down what are the most important factor to a sucessful overseed.How much seed do I need. What a good number to use on my scotts edgeguard spreader.I have a tall fescue lawn right now its a contractor mix the house was built in 2007 and thats the grass still there.I'm using hemi,mustang 4,and 3rd millenium for my overseed, I have a 5500sf yard.I got a soil test done in the spring Morpheuspa help me with what I needed on my lawn.My yard is in decent shape on a scale of 1 to 10 the backyard is a 7 and the front is a 5or 6,the front has quite a bit of brown pacth and the side of the house the back not that much. I like the way its coming along in my first year being in this home.It seems like I need some new improved grass seed thats why im overseeded it. Thickness is pretty good overall the grass just dont have that shine or that wet look if you know what I mean especially in the front yard like I said its alot of fungus .I'll try to post some picture tommorow I live in St.Louis Mo thanks

Comments (2)