SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jta98z

Please review my renovation plans!

jta98z
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Good morning everyone. I'm renovating my 15,000sqft lawn and am already my first coat of roundup in. I was hoping to have my plan reviewed so I can make sure I'm proceeding well.

*First question*

Last Sunday I mixed my RU at 8oz/1000sqft and sprayed the entire yard. However I had a decent bit left over and by my calculations I shouldn't have. Maybe my nozzle was too fine or I walked too fast I don't know but I figured it would still work and left it. Anyways, I know I need to make 100% certain everything is dead. Some of the more weed type/crabgrass stuff is already yellowing and getting dried out but the areas of bluegrass/fescue don't appearing to be changing much. I'm afraid everything won't die completely because of inadequate coverage on my part. My question is, can I just go right back over it this weekend making sure my coverage amount is correct even though everything isn't fully dead yet? I'll do this 3-4 times if I need to lol. I'm not letting all this money go to waste because of an inadequate kill.

Anyways on to the plan:

1. Make sure everything is good and dead
  2. Dethatch Lawn
  3. Scalp
  4. Fill in bare areas/holes with good soil
  5. Spread seed
  6. Roll (I'm not topdressing. Too costly and time consuming)
  7. Tenacity coat
  8. Starter fertilize (immediately or 2-4 weeks out?)
  9. Keep seed moist for a few weeks (How do I know when to back off?)
  10. Switch to deep watering less often
  11. Milorganite once grass has sprouted and growing

Is liming at the time of seeding a bad idea? The plan Morpheuspa suggested for me would have me liming about the same time I'm putting down the seed.

That's what I've got! Suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks all!

Comments (16)