SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncfaz

Help me brainstorm entry tables!

C F
8 years ago

I am starting to decorate the main entry of my house. As you can see from the photos, we have a bit of a curved staircase with a large chandelier. The entry is open floor plan to the formal living room and dining room.

I really like round entry tables, but I feel like they need to be centered underneath the light fixture in order to make sense. I have taped off on the ground with blue tape a round area roughly 30" in diameter directly underneath the chandelier. I think this would give sufficient space to walk all the way around the table without intrusion, but I have definitely been trying to live with the "invisible table" for awhile to see how awkward it feels.

We are totally changing the look of the space. The walls will be painted a solid light beige color (see tested swatch on wall), the light fixtures will be replaced by more transitional chandeliers, and the curtains may be replaced but will at least have the ornate trim removed.

Anyone have any thoughts about how to style this entry? Previous owners had a small table and chair with a piece of art set up against the wall of the curve. It looked nice, but like i said, I'd love to make a round table work...

I am attaching photos of current space plus inspiration photos. Obviously I know my house does not have the modern "bones" of the inspiration space and will never look just like it, but this is what I am leaning towards in terms of colors and style.

Comments (23)