SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawizard60

Help please - New home, existing Landscape lighting with transformer

Desi P
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi there,

We moved into a new home a short while back. We discovered a Nightscaping 500SS power center installed in the garage but it doesn't really seem to do anything in terms of light anything (I only found a light in the pond which doesn't seem to be connected to this, I see a separate power switch for it but the light has still never worked)

I planned on getting some spotlights in the yard (to light up the trees and small garden bed I have) and I know this power center is hooked up somewhere somehow to allow me to setup low voltage lights, I just don't know how. I can't find any outlets or wires that would clearly tell me that it is hooked to this power center or if it is a sprinkler wire. (the previous owner never used it and has no idea and it has been there prior to him). I know all other systems are in good shape so I am fully expecting this to be functional as well, I just don't know how to track it down. The wire from it goes down into the wall and below the house (an area I haven't really ventured or know if I should)

Any thoughts or suggestions to help figure this out? I might consider buying a separate low-voltage transformer for the backyard to hook up those lights but really would like to explore using this power center if it is already setup.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County