SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niwas_gw

Need Help with Landscape for new home.

niwas
9 years ago

Hi All,

This is a great forum. Tons of useful information is available. Have been reading a lot as we are building a new house. And now I need help for the landscaping. We have a professional contractor doing it.I have attached a pic of the front of the house. as of now we have a Chanticlear Pear tree on the left most corner and a magnolia tree on the right, with some box woods planted in between. the magnolia tree has to be moved to the place marked by the green arrow with a bed around it.
I am looking for a suitable option for the space marked with the red arrow. Its right in front of our formal dining room window. Our house faces a main street and its North facing.
I would like to get advice on what tree/shrub will be a good choice for this space, Our "zone" is 5, we live in a chicago suburb. our landscaper has suggested the following-

- Japanese Tree Lilac- i like this tree but read that it needs good amount of sunlight which will not be the case for us as our front is North facing.

- Schubert Cherry tree - like this one too but want more like a shrub.

the landscaper thinks Schubert Cherry is the best option.

I was thinking of having something like a Serviceberry instead of a tree so that it can give us some privacy but still does not cover that whole area of the house.

Any suggestions will be really appreciated as we need to decide byt this weekend. Thanks for reading this post.

This post was edited by niwas on Fri, Sep 12, 14 at 11:28

Comments (16)