SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Marble counter, chip and missing a hole

Our carrara marble countertops were installed today. I think they are beautiful! No seams anywhere.

But there are supposed to be four holes at the sink--two faucets and two soap dispensers, one set of each on each side of the sink.

And there are a couple of chips at the back edge of the countertop. With the gap and the chip, the biggest ends up being 1/2 inch out from the wall. That wall will have heath ceramic tile for the backsplash and we are concerned that the tile will not extend out far enough to cover this.

Are we right that the chip will show? If so, how should it be fixed now?

And how hard is it to drill a new hole at the sink? They did the three they did in our driveway before installing the slab (we left midway through due to the noise and need to feed our kids lunch--we were not watching them work anyway because our GC was here and we didn't want to be in the way of the equipment and moving of heavy slabs). The sink run otherwise looks so beautiful and with no seams I hate to have the whole run taken out and reinstalled because it seems like it would a risk to have it damaged. If it makes a difference, there is a wood underpayment under that part of the cabinet so it would also need to be cut.

I'm going to email my GC later today and let him know about these issues. Any thoughts on them would be appreciated.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions