SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zettlerc

Need help designing fireplace facade.

zettlerc
8 years ago

We are building a home in central coast Ca. It's been a big transition for us as we had a center hall brick colonial back in Pennsylvannia where we moved from last November. We've been in a rental since then and are really looking forward to getting into our new home. Taping and spackling have been done since these photos were taken. I'm at a loss with what to do with the fireplace. Details are below photos.

The focus on the rooms is the view outside the windows(ocean out the big window straight ahead and mountain to the left).The narrow spaces on either side of the fireplaces will be white bookcases. TV will be set inside area above the fireplace(on a swing out arm). There will be a shelf with some type of trim work on top of the fireplace. I'm really not a fan of the whole set up but this was one of the things my husband was adamant about.(We've done really well with making decisions together on this project-except for this and the amount of can lighting in the kitchen). The wall above the fireplace and to the right will be Sherwin Williams Commodore Blue(a dark blue) The walls to the right will be Ivoire(dining room)(a neutral beige). Trim around windows will be white.

We're thinking of using tile but it is such a large space and I'm just not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Comments (3)