SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_northrose

What is wrong with my rose?? Leaf tips crispy, plus yellowing.

I am baffled by the leaves on my new rose. It is a rugosa type, variety Snow Pavement. Purchased about 10 days ago. It was pot bound, and I noticed the leaves doing this, so I quickly transplanted it to a larger pot with Pro-Mix HP and pinched off all its blooms until I get it's bed ready (will be planting it in the ground asap). I have not applied any fertilizer at all, although it may have been fertilized at the nursery, but seemed very healthy when I purchased it. At the nursery, it was kept outside on the hot pavement.

Lower leaves, leaf tips are drying up from the tips moving in, combined with yellowing of the leaf. The leaves are being affected very rapidly with perfectly green leaves, tips going crisp/leaves turning yellow within a day. Pictures of leaves removed today:

Some leaves are curling downward:

This I found very unusual - today I came across new growth that has dried up, with old growth beneath it still alive. You can also see a newer leaf with tips drying:

I am perplexed. Could it be issues from it being root bound? Heat? I've kept it in the shade and have been careful with watering. Any comments greatly appreciated. The rapid changing of the leaves concerns me.

Comments (9)