SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen4six

Layout done, Now I need design/finishing help!!!

dietitian
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Okay! Cabinets will be full overlay on bottom and inset on uppers. Lower cabs to be painted a blue gray like the pic below. Uppers will be white. Countertops will be *unoiled* fantasy soapstone. pulls/hardware will be polished chrome.

Here is a collage of the inspiration kitchens I liked. My drawers & doors will be styled like the pic in the upper left corner. below that is a pic of the soapstone slab.

What backsplash and wall paint color? Should I go up the wall with the soapstone? I really like slab backsplash, and was originally thinking carrara marble counter with carrara slab backsplash, but that dream is gone due to my inability to deal with etching. Would a marble slab backsplash look good with a soapstone slab counter?

MY cooktop/cleanup sink wall has no uppers except the wall oven. What would you do there with regards to the color of the wall oven cabinet- white or blue/gray? I was thinking to put some shelving on the side of the oven cabinet to put my oil/vinegar/cooking wine on, letting it wrap ever so slightly to the front of the oven cabinet. IF I do that, it could be white, and then start the white upper of the oven cab...not sure if it would work...

Comments (21)