SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Uh-oh, Now I've Done it--please help with color!

Baroo2u
11 years ago

I've always wanted a red leather sofa, but have always gone with practical taupe or beige cloth. Yesterday I bought one!!! We've recently purchased a second home (long distance marriage) and I figured, hey, it all has to be painted anyway...now's the time!

WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT COLOR TO PAINT THE LIVING ROOM! Worse, it's all open concept so whatever I use in the LR room has to match the DR, kitchen & Hall...and I hate beige!

Does anyone have a few suggestions for paint colors? I'm a decorating lightweight, definitely not up to this challenge!

P.S. I'm editing to mention I have 3 primitive orangey-caramel pine/oak antique accent pieces with me but no other furniture, upholstered pieces, rugs or drapes--so almost a blank canvas.

Thank you all for your comments, you've really got me thinking! And If you know of an online fabric store with great colors & patterns please let me know--I'm stuck 'cuz my new house is in a pretty remote part of northern Canada, no shopping nearby. They do sell BM paint, 'tho!

Thanks again!

This post was edited by Baroo2u on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 14:51

Comments (6)