SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenwebber

Layout finally decided! Now need cabinet help.

gardenwebber
16 years ago

Here are my latest drawings. I hope they're not too light. I did make an error in the birds eye. There is 39" all around the island, but I cut it short behind the stools because I was too generous at the range wall.

Birds eye:

{{!gwi}}

View of sink wall:

{{!gwi}}

View of range wall:

{{!gwi}}

I also am planning on two 33 inch wide pot drawer cabs under the island.

I think I am ready for some cabinet advice. I am stressing about the support beam. I tried to draw it in in the range wall view. It hangs down 9 inches from the ceiling. I ran my last cabinet right up to the beam, then started the 30" pantry cabinet a couple inches below the beam. It will be inset slightly, so that the crown can lay against the cabinet left of the pantry.

Another pantry question: I figured 2 15" doors would be better than one big 30" door, especially since there is a door on the right that goes out to the mudroom.

I am also struggling with the tops and bottom cabinets looking at all symmetrical. I know they can't be perfect mirror images, but I'm not sure what to do with some of my odd inches out. For example, the base cabinets on either side of the lazy susan. Under the micro, there is a 27 inch cabinet because the lazy susan door will be 12 inches wide, but I didn't want a 12 inch wall cabinet above that, so I went with 15. That then offsets things below. Also, I have an odd 6 inch cabinet over by the sink next to the lazy susan. Not sure what I can use that for except a pull out of some sort. I do have 3 inch fillers on either side of the 36 inch sink base - I could combine the right one with the 6 inch cab and make a 9 inch pull out, but I don't really know what to do with the other side. Maybe use the 3 inches of space towards a 15 drawer stack instead of a 12? Would that look too unbalanced? Are there any design rules about tops and bottoms of cabinets?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (18)