SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyangel23_gw

Help finalizing my cabinet layout? Pics included

Skyangel23
10 years ago

Hi,
We have a few days to finalize our layout. I want to add another drawer stack and I am not sure about the placement of the glass doors. I would also like to add an open shelf somewhere, if anyone has any ideas. The drawer stack could be at the angled end of the peninsula, a 24" one, or the other side of the stove, which would be 30".

The microwave is going to stay over the stove. This is not a fancy house; we use the microwave daily and are fine with its placement. Appliances stay. Framing is done and it is only cabinet placement that can be changed now.

Right now the pictures show partial overlay, but we are pricing out full overlay shaker-style.

Here is general layout w/cabinet measurements:

On the short wall, I was thinking I'm not sure I like the angled glass cabinet. I was thinking I should just do the 90 degree angle cabinets in the corner (lazy susan), and then do either a) glass doors with the last double door set at the end of the wall or b) a 24" or 30" open shelf at the end:

On the fridge wall, I definitely want the desk area. We will use it all the time in our particular family with our needs. But, I was thinking of switching the drawer stack to the other side. The half drawers, half door cabinet seems a little weird to me. Also, the double glass doors above the desk area could be just regular doors, or an open shelf instead. I'm not sure:

On the peninsula side, there is the dishwasher, 39" kitchen base, a tray door, 18" trash pullout, and then the angled 24" cabinet which is currently a door. I was thinking of putting a drawer stack there. Since there is no room for an island, that area will be my primary prep zone (so I can see the crazy kids while I work!):

View from kitchen nook dining table into kitchen:

another angle:

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath