SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilac_eilim

Need help choosing countertop marble colors and sink

Lilac Eilim
8 years ago

We're redoing our kitchen and are in desperate need of some advice. Our floor is a honey-brown parquet color and our kitchen cupboards are all going to be done in a very light (off-white) gray.

We haven't made up our minds with regards to the color of the sinks and the countertop marble...

We have two options for countertops:

1. dark gray
  2. light gray

We like the dark gray but are concerned it will be too dominant and in contrast to the parquet floor.

The sink is also a problem:

1. white
  2. dark gray

My husband prefers the white, but I am concerned it will clash with the colors of the cupboards or be too 'plain'... on the other hand if we chose the dark gray, (assuming we have a dark gray marble) it is not an exact match of colors and might just make the kitchen look like one long block of gray...

I am attaching some pictures of the kitchen as it is now and a couple of shots of the sinks and marbles in question.

Please bear in mind we will be replacing the colors of the cupboards with a light (offwhite) gray and we will be replacing the countertop.

Thanks for your advice!

This is the kitchen as it is today

These are the colors of the marble we are considering side by side with the color of the cupboards between them:

These are the options for sinks we have

Min-Tone Grey (with the light gray marble next to it)

Dark Gray (with the dark gray marble next to it)

White (with the dark gray marble next to it)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21