SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Jack & Jill...... Shower???

DLM2000-GW
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Just thinking out loud here and want to know if anyone has ever heard of having a shower with more than one entry point.

As you all know sq footage can creep upward all too easily. We only wanted 2 baths but started thinking a 3rd bath near the back door would make sense for us. My husband can come in from his workshop, I can come in from the garden or either one of us can come up from the basement gym and get in the shower. Adding that full bath and making a couple of other changes created a cascade of changes, of course and more sq ft than we want. I can live with a half bath there (just getting a toilet near the back door helps) and this is really a hasty revision moving things around but I see what might be an opportunity with some tweaking. This will not be a pretty powder room type space but a functional addition. Also this is NOT a final plan by any means so please don't focus on kitchen flow, master bath set up or anything else, the area in question is in that highlight yellow circle.

Can a shower have more than one access? Would it be nuts - and of course possible - to try and use the same shower and access it from the master bath and the back entry bath? As long as we're still working on the MBa, if this is a viable option, I'll work everything else around the shower location.

Comments (13)