SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chefmomster2

Thank you, thank you, thank you, sugi_c!!!

chefmomster2
8 years ago

The jade cuttings arrived in wonderful shape this morning! Now begins their treacherous time with newbie me as their caretaker! ;)

There are 7 in this pot spaced about 4" apart. Is that too many or is it okay while they are rooting?

They are in 50/50 turface/gravel that was rinsed about 5 days ago and allowed to drain since then. It is ever so slightly moist to the touch. I stood them up as straight as I could.

They are on a table near a large east-facing window that is bright all day and has full sun until 12 noon or so. Being several feet from the window it should not be too intense. Is this appropriate? Should I start them in a less directly lit part of the room and move them slowly into this spot over a week or so?

I plan to wait 2 full weeks to water them. (No matter what water demons tempt me!) Does that sound about right?

You sent me so many beautiful pieces I have lots left to practice on! I'm just propogating away. I'll experiment just a bit. At least a few ought to be able to survive my ministrations!

Any advice from anyone on the forum is greatly and gratefully appreciate!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths