SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lunalove92_bavaria_gz6

Hello from recovering Hen and Chicks and Help with white mildew please

Mama is still having a hard time and alot more of her leaves fell off when transplanting :( Her roots seemed to shrivel up while drying but I checked yesterday and they're starting to look flexible and un-curl a little. I am a little concerned about her wrinkling I read it can be caused by under OR overwatering and her new soil does drain very very well with lava rocks at the bottom then a those brown rocks and soil and sand mixture for a few inches then a half inch where her roots we're curled up of just soil then topped with a gravel mixture as well as some healing quartz surrounding her. I do have her outside now but partially under a window ledge and when the sun is full and really hot I put her in complete shade.

You guys were SO right! I had very little confidence in this baby but her leaves greened up and spread back out and she is loving a nice view of her mama from inside the house she doesn't get much sun still and still no roots, (can anyone tell me about how long they take to grow?) but I am really surprised she's still alive.

This big boy is the newest addition I just got him yesterday evening when I saw him suffocating in a tiny planter with a jade plant and one tiny hole for the both of them,

I transplanted them both immediately, I gave him a 50/50 soil rock mixture topped with gravel but his leaves were already Browning a bit from the mildew :/ I read that I
should cut the ones with brown spots on them off and spray fungicide on him. But I think alot of the brown spots on the underside are from being cramped in the tiny clay pot I found them in :( I know one I should cut at least the one seen in the pic below but I really loved his size and don't wanna do more than I have to, any suggestions?

I took a cutting from the jade plant where it had brown spots and separated it from the rest as well just incase, while it does look overstressed it doesn't have any mildew growing on it that I can tell

Comments (11)