SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Hot humid Friday Flowers

Also Known As is beginning to get established in the garden.

Ashwood Inferno has brilliantly-colored blooms.

Baracuda Bay is looking better today than it has been in years. It is in a bed that gets too much shade and tree roots, so it has not performed well. We need to move it, but there is just no space.

Crown of Creation is a beautiful thing. I don't believe it has ever doubled in our garden.

Off to the Races is looking good today.

Outer Limits is not showing much red on the petals today.

Forever Rosemary has become well established.

I was so happy when Bob found this seedling Wednesday. I had taken a picture of it last year but had neglected to get the name. I couldn't find it this summer--I had looked and looked and I knew it to be in a bed that is to be composted this summer. I like the delicate coloration and the fact it's a reverse bitone (which might be hard to see in the picture). It is Belle of Ashwood X Cactus Blossom.

The last seedling I'll post is a hose-in-hose double. We don't breed for doubles so this is a bit of a surprise. It is supposed to be Randy Stephens X Jaguar's Paw, but I doubt that. The seed was purchased so you never know. I would hope that sellers of seeds would label them accurately, but I am sure there are a few who are either sloppy with labeling or just plain dishonest.

Comments (10)