SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Friday and its still hot and humid :-(

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

My title says it all. I'm spending most of my day ordering supplies for winter projects (quilting and embroidery), looking for that special TALL, white, round form daylily and then looking for canning supplies as I want to try doing sauces once the tomatoes start ripening.
So here is a sample of what is blooming here today. Got to hot and humid to continue outside.

EARTH AND ALL STARS - new this spring from Phil Korth. Lighter than his photo but not too bad first opening.

EVIDENCE OF ALIENS - started today. I like the way the bloom pulls back like it is in a wind tunnel.

PLUM FOOLISH - gotta move this one this year.

WESTMINSTER LACE - moved last fall so the scapes appear shorter than normal.

CAPACITY FOR WONDER - just starting

WESTBOURNE HARD TIMES - another one I want to have leave. Fine with buds and scapes but looks too much like ones I have already

WREN'S SONG - has been blooming but never can get a good picture of it before the sun hits it full on.

WHERE'S CAPTAIN KIRK - planted in the spring of 2012 but few buds and doesn't increase well yet. Time will tell.

LESLIE RENEE - planted near WREN'S SONG so getting a decent pic is hard. Best I could do so far.

CHICAGO FIRECRACKER - finally doubling

SUBURBAN POMPADOUR - reliable double

A couple of repeats worth posting

HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS

JEALOUS JAKE W/FREEDOMS TRIUMPH

TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL

HALF MOON KEY - still pumping out the blooms

TRAHLYTA - still pumping out blooms and many more to go

MAUNA LOA - in your face brightness

DOUBLE RIVER WYE - another reliable performer

and ending with my ( and my husbands) garden and project companion Marmalade. She was keeping an eye on me but didn't want to move again off the porch. She got tired running up and down the garden beds. Smart cat, it was too hot.
{{gwi:893621}}

Julia

Comments (10)