SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

This and That and its hot and humid again

Julia WV (6b)
8 years ago

It has been awhile since I posted but I have been popping in to read the posts when time permits. I finished our painting project last weekend. Pheww, so glad that is done. We started a couple of other projects and I'm working in the garden again trying to catch up. The ground is so dry and we've not had a good soaking rain for weeks now. Starting to get concerned and have been saving the rain barrel water for the new plantings. No garden work today as the humidity is up a bit to much for this old gal.

I got my order of daylilies and got them all planted over the weekend. Thanks to forum members being enablers :) as I couldn't resist adding a couple more this season. So I got Eternal Warrior, Thundercat, Flying Trapeze, Vulcan Logic, Skyhooks, Tall Dark and Handsome from Oak Hill Daylilies. Great plants and very healthy. Now I just have to keep them watered till we get some measurable rain. The plants Debra sent me as a trade, Pretty Desirable and Integrated Logistics are doing fantastic. I just need to get the ones I'm sending her out this weekend. Rouen Cathedral has one more bloom to go and it will be done for the season. Definitely a late season bloomer here.

I've tossed probably close to 12 plants already and will assess another 10 or so before making a final decision on who stays and who goes. I'm not really downsizing my garden just eliminating some so I can add some others. So that means if I get rid of 22 or more plants I can bring in the same amount. LOL.

I did minimal crosses this year mostly to test fertility. Magic Of Oz X Spring Mystique yielded close to 50 seeds just from the two pods I did. Lavender Blue Baby x Spring Mystique only yielded 9 seeds from just 1 cross I did. My unknown seedling x Worth It All yielded only 5 seeds. It is so amazing when you see the size of seeds produced from dips versus the tets. Tet are always so big and the dips are much smaller. Time to get back to work on my indoor project.

Julia

Comments (15)