SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgect

larsi_gw...some questions and observations on WaveTouch (Electrolux)

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Larsi_gw...does your new 60 series have the "Allergen" option?

On my 70 series it's only available on the "Deep Clean Sanitize, Heavy Duty, Pet Bed & Kids Wear" cycles.

The option to do an extra rinse (fresh rinse), is already preselected and you can't unselect it. I believe it does 4 rinses by default and spins before each fill. So after the wash portion, it will drain, spin, fill & repeat three more times.

(I could of sworn it did 4 rinses when I watched the whole Deep Clean Sanitize cycle).

The spin before the rinse is awesome to get more water and detergent residue out. I wish it would do that with every cycle. I believe there will be at least one spin before a rinse is the norm for most cycles.

The "Active Wear" cycle puts the spin before the last rinse.

Most will put the spin right after the first drain (of the wash cycle).

I also wanted to ask you about the paddles on your 60 series.

Does your new machine have the larger drum paddles? My 70 series has the shallow paddles. While I don't think it makes much of a difference with regular loads but I think the larger paddles would have a better tumbling effect on very small loads.

I think Electrolux shrunk the paddles on the 70 series so it could squeeze on more cubic foot point out of the drum (4.3 vs. 4.2).

Comments (23)