SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zelenkabach

Why is purchasing a diswasher so difficult?

zelenkabach
8 years ago

I am trying to purchase a new dishwasher because my mid range whirlpool is just not cleaning well, especially the upper rack. I have had repair people out twice in the 5 years I have had it and basically they removed clogs in the base of the dishwasher.

I am aggravated and want a dishwasher THAT CLEANS THE DISHES! Why is this so difficult?

From the research that I have done, changes in energy regulation as well as the fact that Whirlpool is making most of dishwashers these days makes it very difficult to compare a brand of dishwasher from today with ones made years ago.

My shopping options are limited to Lowes, Home Depot and Sears but when you look at the reviews there will always be someone who has had a horrible experience! I have read the reviews over and over again and still have no front runner. Sears service contract are ridiculously high, $350 for 5 years as opposed lowes/home depot 5!years for $120.

Miele machines are not sold in my area and the Bosche machines get mixed reviews.. I am ready to plunk down$$ for an upper end machine, but I want to do that only if I am confident the machine will do the job.

I guess this is more of a rant than asking advice. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. I had hoped to get a deal on a sale this week, or I can wait until the fall.

Arggggghh!

Comments (7)