SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orwi_doggi

Oxalis triangularis strange leaf growth from a flower bunch

Oswaldo Pérez
8 years ago

****This question is based on a similar one posted at the garden forum/perennials****

Hello,

Following a question previously posted by Leninija last year, I am having the same experience with one of my oxalis triangularis. There is a leaf growing from a bunch of flowers. First of all, I do not know if this was due to the pollination of the flowers (I have my plants indoors, I have been playing the bumblebee due to the lack of insects in my apartment). Secondly, the new leaf is there, and I do not know if I should pay special attention to it or not. From what I can see, it seems like a new plant which could be transferred to another pot. At the base of the leaf, there is a hairy fluffy bump, I wonder if that is another leaf growing.

So now the question is: WHAT IS THIS??? Is it really another way of propagation from Oxalis triangularis? Is there any relationship between me pollinating the flowers? If so, any advice on how to separate the new plant to make it a beautiful and independent young Oxalis triangularis?

Thank you!

Os

Comments (8)