SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Flowers....at last!

greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Well folks, my plants have done the deed at long last :))) One of my seed grown plants has got small buds. It's the one that budded two for consecutive years a while ago but failed to hold onto them so fingers crossed this time it will make it. The other one in flower now has several flowering points and was one of two given to me by Brian (Adenium1949).

BTW, has anyone heard from Brian recently? Whilst I've not been posting for some time, I have been reading your posts and I've not seen his name crop up from some time, I do hope he is OK.

Here are some pics of my DR's this year.....first up is the one of my seed grown 'Big Guys', you may recall me mentioning these in my previous posts. So called because they are relatively small compared to your, but the biggest I've ever achieved! These are the 3 survivors of the 'unmentionable incident' when our house-sitter almost drowned them!

The same one from above, the branches are so short and tightly packed...

another Big Guy...this is the one with buds

the final one of the obesum group...

and these are my 3 Arabicums...

The first sign of buds. It was in flower when Brian gave it to me 3 years ago. It was quite tall so I cut it back after flowering and it's taken till now to do it again. It was one of 2 he kindly gave me.

What causes these yellow/brown leaf patches at the edges, they can appear overnight? Only have them on this plant and all get the same treatment which to be honest has not been much this year as I've had a lot going on in my life since John died in Feb :(

Thanks for looking in :)

Gill UK

Comments (15)