SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauber13

Help with some fruit plants near Edmonton Alberta

lauber13
8 years ago

Two questions, first I have found a ton of gooseberry? plants on my property, but i wouldnt call them bushes they look more like raspberry canes. Could they be some sort of cross or are they just grown so thick together that they cant gain any size. Also some have nice big single berries well others have large clusters of very small berries.what exactly are they and what should i do with them?

Secondly i have many Saskatoon trees on my property but they dont dlseem to make editable fruit they are small and seem to ripen to quickly a few are good but most are shriveled and dont taste good at all. Any idea why? I guess i have the same problem with the apple trees they make very small usless fruit there are some ornamental crab apple trees on one side of the property that produce large clusters of small usless fruit but the oother'sare quite far away and dont have the large clusters so im aassuming regular apple trees could they be crossing?

We also have plum, tart cherry and Evans cherries that seem to fuit just fine so i dont realy know what the deal is. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville