SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itltrot

itltrot's Master Bath Reveal

itltrot
8 years ago

After over a year and half of remodeling plus several years planning on GardenWeb it is finally done. Well done enough to show off. I owe way to many people on here for their advice and time helping during different phases of planning and construction. Thank you!

Our master bath started life in 1971 as a claustrophobic, wasted space, dark and dated room when we bought the house in 2001.

With the help of family and friends we painted the dark paneling , spindles and vanity to give it a brighter look. We painted it a color that tied in with the gold faux marble formica and gold/yellow shower tiles. Removed the faux parkay looking flooring with some *gasp* carpet in the vanity area and linoleum around the shower and toilet. This allowed us to put off renovating the bathroom for many years.

In 2009, we stopped using the shower as the pan had a leak and started mildewing the flooring. It took a few years for us to save the cash to do the remodel, but we were able to start in September 2013. The room was gutted to the studs, plumbing was moved, electrical was redone, pocket door installed, new insulation and drywall was done. We leveled the floors and added radiant heating over a thermal break. We did as much of the work as possible including breaking the slab and digging over 12- 5 gallon buckets worth of dirt to allow the plumbing to be moved. We worked evenings and weekends as our time allowed which at times was slower than we would have liked. But it was worth all the blood, sweat and tears. And trust me there was plenty of all of them. We are absolutely in love with our new space. As you will see, I borrowed ideas from many from GardenWeb.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County