SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying_gw

Master Bath Renovation Reveal

outsideplaying_gw
10 years ago

We've been planning and then working on this reno for some time. Actually the work took a little over 4 weeks. Lots of tile to remove and install as it's a large bathroom. Hope you don't mind several photos. Thanks to many of you for inspiration photos and all the advice I've read here on this forum. I also had an inspiration photo from Houzz for finishes too. We didn't change the basic footprint as we didn't want to do a major reno with other walls or elements. The only significant change was to do away with the corner jetted tub in favor of a deep soaking tub and put a wall of glass in the existing large shower instead of a single frameless door.

Coming into the bathroom, my vanity is on the right, tub on the left behind the door -

Bathtub -

DH's vanity is next to the tub -

Shower and tub are separated into another 'room' - Lighting is terrible and I wasn't crazy about the way the light changes the paint color we chose. May consider a slightly deeper shade. We used BM Big Bend Beige. It was hard to find something not too beige and not too grey that worked.

Interior of shower - there are 2 shower heads. And we've 'lived' in it for 2 weeks so we've spread our stuff around already.

A couple of my favorite things - the 'Nautilus' drain from Designer Drains, and the bit of bling - the Crystorama 'Hampton' chandy.

I still have art to hang; am going to look for a new piece to put by the tub. And am still working on accessories. Any ideas there are appreciated. The glass tiles are chocolate, grey and pale iridescent gold, so have purchased towels in chocolate and pale gold.

Comments (14)