SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

Another price vs counter thread...

8 years ago

How much is typical for a seller to expect to concede to make the deal? I'm talking in generalities, what do sellers really think,they will get when they list their house? I ask because son couldn't make a deal and we were all surprised. So specifically this is the deal...

Priced at 190,000, offer of 179. They dropped to 188 so buyer offered 182, or 188 if seller pays 6k closing. ( same deal really). They stuck with 188. Said they'll rent it out. On market 45 days. First listed at 196, but dropped to 190 after 2weeks. A house 2 doors down, a very Nice flip. Much nicer kitchen and baths, but smaller, sold in 2 days. Ask was 185, it may have gone over asking.

The house in question needs considerable landscaping in back, the former pool is just a large bare spot with bad soil. It has an older, but decent kitchen and baths. It has 2 sheds, both in poor condition. Nothing special. I'd say it is an average home (not updated like the flipped houses are) Buyer has no contingencies and a pre-qual letter. I was surprised, but seller paid 190 in 2011.

Seller must it have had little interest, so dropped the price. If they wanted 188 I think they should have kept the listing higher, knowing most people expect to negotiate.

Comments (16)