SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Shaws farm sink vs. holes in countertop vs. faucet types...

theresse
14 years ago

I'm not having a good time trying to figure out all this nonsense. I mean my heart is set on an undermount apron-front farm sink, preferably Shaws (ubiquitous as they've become), but that means putting holes into something less replaceable - i.e. the countertop. The other alternative is a wall faucet but finding the right one is becoming pretty challenging too.

I see these great single-hole, one-lever faucets but it would only make sense to put in smack dab in the middle behind the sink, because above the sink are two parallel windows with the perfect-sized space in between the two window. But if I get a single hole faucet and put it in the middle, that would mean I can't just do whatever I want in the future. And I don't prefer the look of the bridge style faucets that have 3 holes (a true bridge has 2).

Here's a before picture of the area above the sink to show you what I mean about how centering would look best (see link below). The only reason the present faucet isn't centered is cause it was a double sink w/ built-in holes for the faucet to go on the right side. (see link below)

WHY must this be so darn hard??!

Here is a link that might be useful: See how a tall faucet should be centered under the 2 windows?

Comments (11)