SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Entry door colors

Bunny
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Sorry, this might be long.

I took a 3-mile walk through the extended neighborhood to scope out entry doors. Mostly the homes are about the same age, build-quality and apparent budget as mine so I was roughly comparing apples to apples. It was very enlightening.

1) The nicer houses don't always have the nicest doors. Some of the more modest ones are far more attractive.

2) Yellow and purple are off the table.

3) I was surprised how good black doors look. I don't think it would work for me, but it has a real stately presence.

4) Red is amazing. A deep, blood red with a bit of rust in it. You cannot look away.

5) I don't I want a white entry door anymore.

6) The biggest surprise for me was how drawn I was to stained doors. Whatever the main house color or trim they all looked good (as long as they were maintained). It's totally got me second-guessing a painted door.

7) I'm still inclined to have a white screen door with the possibility of a color if I change my mind.

8) There's no denying the entry door makes a statement and appealed to me on an emotional level. I was drawn to some, actually repulsed by others.

9) I probably don't know what my house looks like as well as the people across the street or who pass by on their walks.

I will be getting a fiberglass door, so there's that. However, I think the wood-grain look is pretty realistic for a door. What gives me pause is the inside of the door facing the living room. I don't know if that would work with my creamy white walls and white trim.

I hate too many choices!!!

Comments (15)