SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabbygannon

Bosch 800 Series Dishwasher Help!

gabbygannon
8 years ago

Hi Everyone,

After much debate, we decided to purchase a Bosch 800 Series Dishwasher a few weeks ago. Model: SHX68T55UC. It has the 3rd rack for utensils and other items! I've enjoyed getting to know the dishwasher and have experimented with different detergents and wash cycles. Some work better than others. However, I want to get some user input from all of you Bosch owners!

1) What does the EXTRASHINE cycle do? Does it increase the water temperature of the water, thus resulting in cleaner dishes?

2) What detergent do you all suggest? Bosch suggests Finish, but I have to say that we lean towards more eco friendly products and don't want anything with harsh chemicals. Do any of you use any that you are happy with? I hate that in order to be Green, I have to compromise performance.

3)We have a large family and run a full load of dirty dishes at least once per day. What cycle is best? Heavy or Normal? Or normal with the extra shine? Or maybe heavy with extra shine?

Any other thoughts on your dishwasher? Tips, etc are all welcome!

PS. Did anyone else run their first cycle and get a really smelly load of dishes afterwards? It was like a plastic-chemical damp smell... It only happened the first few cycles and I have not noticed it since.. Just curious.

Comments (4)