SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atmoscat

Help installing Bosch 800 series dishwasher

atmoscat
8 years ago

Hi all, we just purchased a new Bosch 800 series dishwasher (with help from past threads on this forum!) and are getting ready to install it. The instructions are pretty vague, and I was hoping people here could give me some guidance on how it should be done. This is the version that has the controls on the top of the door. Our main question is, should it be installed so that the top of the door is visible so the controls can be accessed when the door is closed? In this case, the door will stick out in front of the cabinets, rather than being flush with them - is that right? If we install it with the front of the door flush with the cabinets then we won't be able to see the controls when the door is closed.

Assuming that the door will be in front, what do we do about the rubber gasket pieces around the outside of the door? I'm not referring to the actual door seal. I'm talking about the gasket pieces along the front flange. If we install it so the door is in front of the cabinets these gaskets will also stick out in front of the cabinets. What are we supposed to do with them?

Pictures of your installations would also be helpful. Thank you so much!!

Comments (9)