SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_17199930

Extending power to wall without outlet

User
8 years ago

I moved into a new apartment recently, and one of the things that bothers me is that the power outlets are all on one side of the room and somewhat clusered together. In the bottom right of the picture below, you can see the outlet that powers both the computer and the light using two power strips.

I'd like to expand the reach of the outlets but I don't want to daisy chain electrical cables. I know that I can use cable molding (http://www.amazon.com/Wiremold-CMK50-Cord-Mate-Kit/dp/B0015EDVVU/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435072513&sr=1-7&keywords=power+cable+cover) to cover cables up and make the lines nice and slick, but I'm having trouble finding subtle, low profile cables to do so.

In the image below, I've added two places where i'd like to use plug-in lighting as yellow circles (i'd like to avoid landlord requests to install anything), so there would ideally be an end-point to the cable between them. The green is where I would like to run the power covered up.

Are there any recommendations for low-profile cables that can run that long on the outside of a wall in this capacity for about 17ft of cable?

Help appreciated.

Comments (8)