SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
limeybstd

help me do my own lawn regimen

limeybstd
8 years ago

I live in Hernando county which is in central florida. Was hoping to get some feedback from folks who maintain their own lawn and yard. I am getting fed up with the folks that spray my yard with ferilizer since things during the last two years have gotten a lot worse, had take all root rot, grey leaf spot, more crabgrass and grassy weeds etc. etc. I blame them for spraying fetilizer when the fungus first started last June. It wiped out 20% of my lush st augustine grass.

Now, I have been researching on what one needs to do during the year. So far, its fertilize 3-4 times a year using a slow release fertilizer, ( not sure which numbers to choose though ) I am thinking Lesco fetlizer for southern lawns which is a 26-2-11 . My soil is very alkaline.

Apply a pre emergent herbicide approx in March 15th to prevent weeds from germinating, perhaps another one about one month later for good measure? Thinking Resolute 65 WG which is generic Barricade. Or,Scotts Haltz.

Then thats its, apart from the usual pest spraying that I do for chinch bugs and pests currently every approx 4 months or so.

Feedback appreciated.

Comments (7)