SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeh_yeh

Miele Speed or Combi Steam Oven..again...

yeh_yeh
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I know this topic has been discussed previously and it seems like it boils down to what function is frequently "needed". So I want to ask those experienced users what would be a better choice for my cooking habits. I only cooks 3 days a week (eat at parents house for the rest of the week). I almost steam rice noodle every weekend and half the time I cook steam Asian dishes such as steam fish, tofu, veggie and would love to try steaming chicken (never had big enough wok to do it stove top). I often reheat soup and leftover in microwave. I heard steam oven reheat leftover better in taste and slightly slower in speed compare to microwave, is it possible o reheat watery soup in speed oven? Soup usually takes 1.5 to 2 minutes in MW, how long would it be if it can be reheat in steam oven?

P.S. we never MW popcorn. I do have a regular toaster (not toaster oven) that I can store in cabinet for occasional use.

Thanks in advance! This is my last piece of puzzle before I place the Miele appliance order (Dimension DW, 30" oven and S???? oven)

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add combi to the title.

Comments (5)