SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiwi_bird

Could Carrara work in this scenario or too cool toned?

kiwi_bird
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone. We've been trying to nail down our countertop choices for quite a while now and we are going to need to pull the trigger ASAP. The two types of the counters we are going to have in our house are black soapstone and (fill in the blank with a whitish surface).

I was going to get a white solid surface as a placeholder since we couldn't decide on the material for the island and the master vanity. My husband however is very much against having anything plastic in the house. So he wants to go with Carrara since it is the least expensive marble. We found a nice one that is pretty white by today's Carrara standards. I'm a little worried however it's too cool toned to go with the vibe in our master bathroom. I've attached an inspiration picture. Do you think there could be worked into that scenario? Our tile is a slightly whiter white than this, but the black slate and black and wood accents are pretty representative. We also don't have brass plumbing fixtures because they were too expensive, so we went with stainless (or satin nickel?). We will probably work in some brass accents though:

The Carrara isnt THAT good of a deal. It's a tough call!

Comments (13)