SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irina654

Please review my layout - new build

irina654
8 years ago

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the kitchens forum, but I have been reading all of your posts faithfully for months as we plan for our new build. We are in the final steps of our kitchen design, and I am hoping to get a little feedback here.

We are currently a family of 3 - we have a 4yo daughter. Our home will also have an in-law apartment for my parents, who will have their own (smaller) kitchen, but I envision cooking with my mom a lot in our kitchen.

The overall layout and a few snapshots of the elevations are below. Our cabinets will be full overlay with stacked cabinets to a 9ft ceiling on the range wall. The range is a 36" capital culinarian. The fridge will be a standard depth, and next to it is a stack with a steam oven and microwave drawer. On the same run, we also have a wine fridge. In the island is an undercounter drawer refrigerator. Our sinks will be Blanco Silgranit II - the performa cascade super single by the window and the precis large bowl in the island as a prep sink.

We have tried to keep mostly drawers on the base cabinets. We do have a trash pullout in the island and two 12" pullouts flanking the range to store utensils, spices, etc. We plan to use the 30" 2-drawer stack at the end of the island for dish drawers and the 33" 2-drawer stack at the end of the range run for pots/pans. The doorway at the end of the range run leads to a walk-in pantry and next to that is the doorway leading to a hallway through which the mudroom (with garage entrance) and dining room are accessed. The kitchen opens into a dining nook and great room.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or improvements on this design. Thank you all in advance for your help!

Comments (13)