SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ketc_gw

Kitchen layout to review, new build

ketc
12 years ago

Hi

I am yet another long time lurker. Am looking for feedback on my kitchen layout for a new build this spring. Brief info: family of 5; 3 girls under 6. Looking forward to lots of fun time in kitchen with the kids. Going for an arts and craft/ bungalow vibe. Will most likely be ordering cabinets from Scherrs, and would like QS oak if I can swing it (frameless/full overlay). Counters will be soapstone. Have chosen my appliances.

I think I would like my cabinets to go to the ceiling (9 foot). Either stacked or 42 inch (cost may decide).

My concerns:

Does the layout seem functional?

Will the cabinet wall seem too heavy or lopsided as I dont want uppers on the window wall?

I know the small table off the island is different � but I think it will be useful for kids to do homework, ect, and didn't want a counter high bar. I also like to sit down at times to prep (usually when prepping fruit for canning, ect). We will eat dinner in the dining room.

Finally, I am considering an apron sink for my cleanup sink, but want a wall mount faucet. I think I would need to recess the sink to make the faucet reach well enough (it will have a 12 inch reach from the wall). Would this be too difficult or look odd � not many pics of recessed or flush mount apron sinks (I have seen a few).

Thanks again for replies!

--ps, am also posting whole house layout on building form if any interest in that.

Comments (17)