SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bill_ri_z6b

First time ever to Tower Hill

bill_ri_z6b
8 years ago

It was a beautiful day yesterday, so I decided to get to, finally, Tower Hill. It was nice. I enjoyed most of the garden areas, particularly the lawn and hidden gardens, and the area around the pool with the tortoise fountains. I also thought the restaurant was pleasant. I wasn't so thrilled with the trails through the woods, since I can walk so many similar trails in nearby RI and Mass, and for free.

Overall, I think that maybe a little earlier in the year may have been nice, when the spring flowers, shrubs and trees were blooming. They were all pretty much past prime. And most of the summer annual beds, although beautifully planted, need a little more time to really fill in. Overall, it was a nice day, and I would go back again, maybe in autumn or earlier next year. What really made my day was when the girl at the entrance booth told me that I couldn't get the senior discount because there were no seniors in my car! She thought I was around 50, so that was nice to hear. When I told her I'd be 69 in July, she couldn't believe it, but she happily gave me the discount!

Comments (7)