SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Need advice about next project -bed platform

Debbie Downer
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Have some nice 2 x 12 vintage pine boards - 6 ft long.

Have latex mattress which is comfy when its on absolutely flat surface (ie floor in center of room) but its odd, every little bit of slope or unevenness telegraphs through the mattress and causes discomfort. I had it on floor next to wall (a one inch slope) and that was a problem. Had it on wood platform with slightly warped wood and that was a problem. Its like the rubber conforms to whatever is underneath it.

Any hoo... I would like to use these planks but need some kind of structure underneath to hold them absolutely straight and flat. The planks are pretty straight but there is slight (ver slight) twist in 2 of them. Was going to just attach to some 2 x 4s crosswise but are those going to bend and warp.... or can they stay rigid and hold the planks perfectly straight? Maybe use iron bars/framing underneath instead? if so - could you advise what specifically to look for?

It will have 4 legs and possibly a 5th in the center so I want to be sure there is no chance of it sagging .... ever. Will have casters so it can roll and look very industrial chic!

Comments (4)