SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeschmiege

Help! Stuck! Need ideas for Landscape Design

mikeschmiege
8 years ago

Long time reader, first time poster.

Attached are two pictures of the front of my house (faces east, morning sun, Illinois.) On the right I have three limelight hydrangeas in the back and four boxwoods in the front. Centered in front of the boxwoods are small City line hydrangeas. I am happy with the right side of the house. I think it looks nice and balance. A bit green, and won't get color until the hydrangeas bloom. Any ideas to add color? I was thinking about adding some ground cover - maybe perennial geraniums.

The left side of the house is what needs work. Moving right to left I have three very lush full limelight hydrangeas, then two burning bushes. To the left of the burning bushes I have a yellow bird magnolia tree. In front of the magnolia tree are bobo hydrangeas - little baby ones.

LEFT SIDE: What do I do in front of the hydrangeas on the left? What do I put in front of the brick wall. I am not opposed to removing the brick wall. I have also thought about removing the burning bushes and putting in limelights to balance out the sides of the house. The front of the house faces east so it gets morning sun.

I feel that it is just too green - no contrast. Obviously when the hydrengas bloom their will be some color. Ideas for in front of the brick wall? Remove brick wall? Looking for easy to maintain designs.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing all of your ideas.

Comments (9)