SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoopsgr8

Landscape design plan and complimentary plant ideas needed

Hunter Coleman
5 years ago

Hi, I am looking to redo the landscaping around my house from what the builder installed (plan to move existing plants to side of house) and looking for some advice on how best to plant and what types of low maintenance plants to use. I do plan to use a Fireglow Japanese maple (or dwarf Japanese maple) as a focal point off the right corner of the front patio where the column is located but away from the house itself (possibly extending the existing bed further into yard to accomodate). What are some good complimentary plants for that maple and and what might be best on the left side against the brick wall left of the sidewalk going to the front door? Also, I plan to install small dry creek beds at the base of the gutter downspouts to drain water away from the house. I also would like to plant a Coral Bark Japanese maple closer to the sidewalk near the street and wondering what other plants may compliment that best in that bed. All beds with mulched with a natural brown color mulch (removing the existing pine straw). Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks,

Hunter

Comments (13)