SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1049040

Carpet Undertones!

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hey everyone :) Trying to pick out carpet for master bedroom. Right now there is a light beige horribly thin carpet in there that needs to be replaced. This is a LARGE bedroom with lot of open floor space so there are big areas with no furniture breaking up the view of the floor.

Walls are BM Palladian Blue (love love love) and furniture is cherry. Drapery is a yellowish undertoned creamy kind of linen color (so is the bedding). The wall behind the bed has wallpaper that is same aqua as the Palladian Blue, with a gold toile pattern on it. Below are pictures from all sorts of angles, up against the furniture and drapes and also up against the doorway to the master bath (which has what I think is yellowish undertone tiling).

I am very challenged when it comes to identifying undertones in neutral colors (I think I overthink it WAY too much and make it more complicated than it has to be) but I don't want to make an expensive mistake. Not entirely sure what undertone I should even be looking for...yellow? green? I know definitely NOT pink.

In the photos below the darker carpet sample looks like it clashes with the cherry wood. But the lighter sample I am afraid might look like glowing yellow. HELP!!!

I have read that the small little sample squares are not good enough....but Home Depot is telling me that it might not be possible to obtain a larger sample piece.

Right now the existing carpet reads pink to me. I have TWENTY or so other little carpet square samples that I tossed to the side because these two seemed to go the best but maybe neither of these are right.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm