SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Need help with pleasing placement, please!

Alisande
8 years ago

I used to have large flower beds--mostly perennials, and no shrubs except for roses. Unfortunately, I never paid much attention to garden design. Thanks to my advancing age and a complete takeover by the groundcover weed Germander speedwell, I've had to give up a lot of my garden, with more to follow.

All that's left of the bed alongside the vegetable garden are two rugosa roses and a weigela I forgot to include in my drawing. The weigela sits next to the vegetable garden fence, a little closer to the roses than to the Pinky Winky.

The long, L-shaped bed on the other side of the path will have to be sacrificed too. I need to move some iris and peonies out of there, but it's not long for this world, sadly. I have several hydrangeas and am particularly fond of the paniculatas. The ones I have in the ground were sort of plunked down with no plan. I want to do better with three I just bought: Pillow Talk, Fire Light, and Little Quick Fire.

If it's possible, could someone please look at this rough map and suggest where I might place the new ones? They're from Bluestone, by the way.

Thank you!

Comments (13)