SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendrick102

Understanding Process of Repairing Lawn

8 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and a new homeowner as well. I've been in the process of researching what I need to do to repair or replace my existing front and back yard. I live in northeast Ohio, so we deal with a lot of cold and snowy whether in the winter and spring and summers usually provide a decent amount of rain.

We recently removed the two trees and stumps in our front yard. There are now two big patches of dirt mixed with some residual wood chips from the removal. Around these gaint patches is mostly a mix of grass(do not know at this time what type of grass it is) and weeds. The back yard is the same mix of grass and weeds.

So my initial thoughts were that I would completely till the front yard and reseed in August. However, I'm not sure if that would be a waste of time and effort if I could just kill the grass and reseed.

Basically, I'm totally new to this and need some kind of guide. I understand that I may need to get my soil analyzed. Due to my location I don't know what would work best for me. If there's a link to my answer already I would greatly appreciate someone posting it. I can also post a pic of that would help someone answer!

Comments (15)