SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

Need help, trash pull-out hardware, where and what type?

lisa_a
8 years ago

We discovered last night that we're a 1/4" too shy for the drawers to pull out and miss the trash pull-out pulls just around the corner from the drawers. Because the walls aren't quite plumb, the sink cab sits out 1/4" more than planned.

We don't have enough room to pull that drawer run farther from the corner to give us enough room to clear the pulls.

So we have a few options and I'd love help deciding which way to go.

1) remake drawer fronts on the one bank to give us the room we need. We could gain 1/2" and it wouldn't be noticeable.

2) We can mount the handle in the recessed portion of the trash pull-out cab instead of along the top stile. It would be similar to what's shown in this kitchen:

Marcarelli Design Hayvenhurst · More Info

It would be on the doors below a false drawer front so we could have the handles line up with the handles on the 2nd row of drawers. That would make a nice visual.

3) We could go with knobs instead of pulls. I've found one that coordinates with our pulls, that will allow mounting on the top stile and still have room for the drawer to pull out. We would likely need to go with a knob for the 2 narrow pull-outs I have, anyway. There isn't a good way to mount a pull on them. It would be similar to this set-up.

Divine Kitchens LLC · More Info

Unlike the above photo, it would not line up with handles but maybe that's okay, since it's a knob, not a pull?

Even with all my planning, there are still last minute questions and I'm past decision overload so please help! Photos of your cabs, handles, trash pull-out, etc would be very helpful. In the meantime, I'm pouring over houzz pics.

TIA!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH