SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Kitchenaid mixer: old vs new

Lars
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Kevin bought me this new Kitchenaid mixer, in red, to go with the new stove that we will be getting, which will also be red. However, when I turned the motor on, I noticed that it was significantly louder than my old KSM90 Ultra Power mixer, which I bought around 1990, and which is therefore about 25 years old. The old mixer has a tilt head, and I wanted to switch to the lever motion, plus I wanted a glass bowl, and I do like the red color. The old model says "Made in USA" - the new one says "Assembled in USA", which I think makes a difference.

Should I keep my old mixer as a back-up. I was going to give it away, but now I am not ready to part with it.

Will the new mixer get quieter after a while? They are both noisy, but the new one makes a high pitched noise that is more irritating. I never noticed this noise on TV cooking shows, and so I was a bit surprised by it. Since the new motor is 575 watts instead of 300, the increased power might make it noisier. At least my grater and meat grinder attachments will work with this one, but the ice cream maker will not.

This is the new one.

What are the differences that you are aware of?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!