SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Regarding KitchenAide Mixers.

caflowerluver
16 years ago

I have a 30 year old KA that is still working fine, but I am afraid one of these days I will pull it out of the cabinet to find that it has quietly gone to that appliance heaven in the sky. I only use it when I do a high volume of baking or heavy doughs like bread. It is all metal and weighs a ton so I don't drag it out as often as I use to. I use my small Kitchenaide for cake, muffin or pancake batter. I am amazed the old workhorse is still working as well as it is.

There are a lot more KA mixers out there then there was 30 years ago. And when I compare all the sizes I am not sure what one to pick. Mine is a whimpy 4.5qt., 250 watt and yet I can use it to make bread or any thick dough with ease.

Once DH tried to make all WW bread and didn't do it exactly right with liquids and flour mixing and burned out the motor 25 years ago. We brought it to a Hobart repair shop and they put in a new motor and it has been working fine ever since. (Especially since I supervise whenever DH wants to use it.)

I have heard a lot of negative things about the current KA mixers since the company was sold in 1984 and the mixers are no longer made by Hobart. What is the quality of the current mixers compared to the old ones? I am thinking of getting the Pro if I do get a new one. Does Hobart still make small home mixers?

Here is a picture of my antique KA. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked that color. Of course there wasn't a big choice of colors back then, but I should have picked white.

{{!gwi}}

Clare

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!