SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Pants for pears!

Sueb20
8 years ago

I mean women who are pear-shaped...who else out there has a waist that is a size smaller than her hips? Seems like I'm the only one, since all the pants I have tried seem to be made for someone else.

I have plenty of jeans. My favorites (best fit) are Lucky Brand Easy Riders (which have room in the hips/thighs but I still need to take in the waist) and some Levi curvy fit jeans that I stumbled upon at Zappos. But for spring/summer, I would like to find casual pant options and I have Zero! I have two pairs of linen dress pants but I'm looking for something in between jeans and dress pants.

I'm short, so capris aren't very flattering, but sometimes practicality dictates that they are the best option! I do have a lot of skirts, but can't wear skirts for everything.

Has anyone with bigger thighs/hips found great pants lately? I'm generally size 10 or 12. I'm 5'2" so petite sizes work best although I've bought regular sizes and had them altered.

Separate issue: looking for casual pants for a trip to Iceland, something good for a day of exploring. I have tried on a bunch of nicer looking yoga-type pants but none of them have fit. Other suggestions?

Comments (35)